Thursday, August 23, 2007

fine tuning this blog thingie

Bob's email address was kicked back to me so I think I entered it wrong. Send me an email with it and I will send an invite. Alex had trouble setting up an account but then again he is in Iowa. I need to send Carmen an email to call her brother with instructions. She got in ok.


The last concert Ed and I went to was Def Leppard with Bryan Adams. Go figure.... The funny thing was, we were the average age of people there and we knew all the songs! A few years ago we went to see Paul Simon and Bob Dylan. Dylan sounded worst than in the 60's (if that is possible). There were 60 something Hippies around us wearing tie dye and smoking weed. The ironic thing is now they can afford the weed and the bail money needed.

As for your question about whether things like neglect happen. I can answer yes, I see it weekly. But not neglect in the sense that the kids aren't eating or bathing but there is no parental interaction. The young people I deal with really have no clue when it comes to some basic things. When I explain things, the look on their faces is one of disbelief or astonishment. I have asked several "has anyone ever mentioned any of this to you" and inevitably the answer is no. It's scary to think the next generation is essentially raising themselves. Along these lines, have you read the book called "A boy called It" by David Peltzer? To think that that actually happened made my physically ill.

well on this cheery note....good nite :)

No comments: