Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hello again from the Garden State! How is everyone today? Hope its nice weather wherever you are.

have not heard from Ralph since @ Memorial Day wkend. I called him and invited them over. (declined)
His birthday is Sept. 29th. Matthew's is Sept 30, and RobParkers is Sept. 12th (I think) Mine is Sept 3rd (lots of Virgos) I am on a roll as far as books go. That was one of my New Yrs. resolutions: to read more and watch less TV.
Since you sent me "Reading Lolita etc", I have read another book about the immigrant experience. It is a challenge to read but really worth your time. The language is beautiful. (The Inheritance of Loss). I'll send it. Also read "The Memory Keepers Daughter" and a biography of Georgia Okkeefe (terrific read, I was surprised, Charlotte gave it to me) Now I'm reading "The Widow of the South", a novel of fiction about about a real character and a real battle in the Civil War era. We haven't been to the shore this year because of the high temps on the east coast. We are going to visit the in laws in Sea Isle this week. I really miss the beach etc.
Miss you all

1 comment:

The Boss Lady said...

does Ralph ever talk with you? How is he doing?